Prams and strollers are expensive — let’s get that out of the way. So, you might be scratching your head in confusion as to why anyone would pay more than they had to purchase an expensive product such as a stroller. But here is the thing: prams and strollers are an essential purchase for your baby. They carry them through the problematic infant months, ensure they’re safe, and help alleviate some of the horrors of post-childbirth when traveling or just out-and-about with your child. To make sure that you are making an informed decision on a purchase, look at what it will cost, why it costs so much, and see if that price is worth it.
There are many reasons why prams and strollers are expensive in Australia.
Let’s take a look at two of the most common reasons that you may want to consider when making your next purchase:
- High retail markup – The price difference between buying a stroller from an online retailer, or going into a store, can be pretty substantial. Some retailers often see the opportunity to charge more for products when they can sell them quickly and easily over the internet or through their physical stores. This makes sense since they don’t have as many overhead costs (like rent) associated with selling these items compared to other stores that need to pay rent each month.
- High demand – When there is high demand for something, people will pay more money for it; this includes pram and stroller models and other baby accessories such as clothing sets or toys! This means that if you want quality products, then you will have no problem finding them at an affordable price because everyone wants what works best for their baby, too, so everyone tries hard not only to save money but also to get what works best instead which means less time wasted on research before purchasing anything which means saving even more money!
Pram and Stroller Prices in Australia
Prams and strollers are more expensive in Australia than in the UK or USA. The quality of the prams and strollers can be excellent. However, the prices vary depending on features and brand name.
The prices depend on the size of the pram or stroller: small to large; for babies up to toddlers, preschoolers, or kids of all ages (4-12 years old).
The cost may vary depending on whether it’s a new or second-hand model.
You need to decide what features you want before buying your baby gear, as so many choices are available today!
Top Brands of Prams and Strollers in Australia
There are a lot of brands that make prams and strollers in Australia. Some of them are cheaper than others, but the most popular brands are also the most expensive. These include:
- Baby Bunting
- Baby HQ
- Phil & Ted’s
- Mountain Buggy
These are a few companies that have been around for years, so it’s no wonder they get a lot of attention. They also offer high-quality products with beautiful designs and features—the perfect combination of style and practicality! The prices reflect this, however; while you can find some models starting at $300-$400 online, many start closer to $800 or more—these prices will only go up from there!
What makes a pram or stroller so expensive?
Many factors contribute to the high cost of a pram or stroller. The first is the retail markup. The retail markup is the difference between what consumers pay for a product and what manufacturers charge for that product, plus any additional service fees (such as taxes). In Australia, this is often between 200 and 400%. This means that if you buy a new stroller for $300, the retailer will sell it to you for $600 (or more).
The next factor contributing to your stroller’s price is quality control. The quality control process is fundamental when making a product that hundreds or thousands of people will use. Prams are made in factories, but the quality of the materials and the assembly must be carefully checked for defects. In addition, the production process must be monitored to ensure that every piece is made to specifications, which means that some parts have to be inspected more closely than others.
Next on our list is manufacturing costs – these include materials such as steel, aluminium, and plastic, as well as shipping and transportation costs from overseas factories to Australian warehouses before being sold in stores like Woolies or Kmart. The cost of manufacturing prams and strollers involves more than just the raw materials used in making them—it also includes labour costs associated with production and overhead expenses like rent, electricity bills, utility fees, insurance premiums, and taxes. These costs must be covered before selling products at market value.
Then we have research and development, which includes all design work associated with creating new products plus any testing required by safety authorities before they can be released into the marketplace. To develop new products with specific features that customers want, companies often need years of research and development time before they reach the prototype stage. This investment may not be recoverable if there isn’t enough demand for new products within a reasonable timeframe; however, if there is sufficient interest in a new product, then it could be developed relatively quickly.
Marketing costs include advertising fees spent on TV adverts during prime-time programs when families might be watching them together rather than purchasing prams & strollers at discount stores like Target or Big W where discounts may apply. Still, there wouldn’t be any ads shown anyway, so consumers would miss out on seeing what’s available in-store without paying full price just because they didn’t know about them beforehand!
Finally, brand loyalty comes into play here, too, because when people see certain brands advertised continuously over several weeks/months, then they’re likely going back again after having seen those advertisements repeatedly; so even though companies spend money trying their best not to spend much more money than necessary just so they don’t go bankrupt while still trying to keep their head above water financially speaking – hence why many end up not making any profit whatsoever despite investing lots of money into various marketing campaigns.
How to save money on buying a pram or stroller?
You can save money on buying your next stroller or pram in several ways.
- Buy second-hand. If you are looking for a high-quality, second-hand pram or stroller, it’s essential to follow some simple guidelines:
- Make sure the product is in good condition before buying it and be willing to pay less than the retail price (you might have to haggle).
- Check that all parts are included and in working order. If there are any missing parts, they should be replaced or purchased separately before using the product.
- Buy online and save yourself time and money – especially if you live outside of an urban area where stores may not stock this type of product in-store anyway!
- Look out for sales at department stores like Myer, David Jones, or Target, as well as discount stores like Crazy Clark’s, etc., which often have sales during school holidays when parents are looking at getting their kids some new gear!
You can do some things to get good value for money when buying a pram or stroller.
If you are looking to purchase a new pram or stroller, there are some things you can do to get good value for money.
- Buy second hand
- Buy from a reputable brand
- Buy from a reputed online
The internet has made it easy to find second-hand items, so if you’re on a tight budget, this is one option worth considering. You might even luck out by finding a family giving away their old pram because they’ve found something better! If you do go on this route, check the item carefully before purchasing and ask lots of questions about its history and how well it was looked after. The seller must know how much it’s worth, so they aren’t selling at a loss just because they’re desperate to get rid of it!
Buying from big brands like Mountain Buggy means you can be rest assured that the quality will be high. Any warranty claims won’t be rejected by an uncaring company that doesn’t want to honor its customer service promise.
Pro Tip: Try Baccani
Baccani is a company that has been providing high-quality prams, strollers, and other baby products for many years. They believe in providing the best quality products at affordable prices, so everyone can afford to buy their products.
They know you want to get the most out of your budget when buying things like prams and strollers. That’s why they make sure that the products are made from high-quality materials so that they’ll last a long time and look great while doing it!
Baccani also provides free shipping on all orders within Australia and free returns if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase. You can check their latest products, deals, and offers through https://www.baccaniprams.com.au/
We hope you find the above answers helpful and informative. Baccani Prams & Strollers is the right place to visit if you’re looking for the best prams and strollers. For all your inquiries about the Baccani line, feel free to leave a message on their contact page. If you have any questions or comments regarding this article, please feel free to leave them below. Until next time!